The Mission of the YWCA USA
The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
The Mission of the World YWCA
The World YWCA vision is of a fully inclusive world where justice, peace, health, human rights, freedom and care for the environment are promoted and sustained through women’s leadership.
YWCA World Service Council
The YWCA World Service Council is comprised of women with a global vision who care about our changing world and champion the work of the YWCA USA and World YWCA in their commitment to dignity, freedom, justice and peace.
World Service Council Priorities Include:
- Raising significant funds and providing volunteer resources for the World YWCA, International Building Fund and YWCA USA.
- Informing members of the social, political and economic forces affecting women and their opportunities for growth and development.
- Communicating and following international issues through the World YWCA website, Common Concern Magazine, reports from the World YWCA, International Building Fund, YWCA USA publications and its own WSC newsletters and WSC website.
- Holding an annual luncheon meeting in the fall at interesting locations with distinguished speakers.
- Hosting a reception for World YWCA delegates attending the UN’s Commission on the Status of Women hearings in late winter.
- Participating in selected YWCA USA meetings, seminars and leadership events.
- Attending relevant national and international conferences and workshops.
- Providing hospitality to visiting World YWCA leaders and dignitaries.